Breast Care Centre
An average of 2,500 new cases of breast cancers are detected in Sri Lanka. This means that each day 6 to 7 Sri Lankans become victims of breast cancer. Breast Care is the most common cancer in women.
Mission of Nawaloka Breast Care Centre – To provide an easily accessible, high quality patient focused breast care service with information, education, diagnosis & treatment.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS CENTER
- All relevant investigations such as mammography, ultrasound scan of the breast,FNAC, and blood tests will be carried out at this center.
- An evaluation and a possible diagnosis will be made and the treatment plan will be discussed by a multi disciplinary team of consultants including Surgeons,Radiologists, Pathologists and an Oncologist if necessary.
- An added feature will be a supportive counseling to the patient and the family.
- After relevant treatment is completed, the follow up and reviews will also be arranged by the center.
SOME SYMPTOMS, SIGNS AND RISK FACTORS OF BREAST PROBLEMS
- Discharges from the nipple
- Pain in breasts
- Feeling a lump/mass in your breasts
- Change in shape of your breast/nipple retraction
- Long term use of birth control pills
- Early menarche and late menopause
- Family history of breast cancer
- Long term use of HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy)
Nawaloka hospital pioneered breast care in Sri Lanka over ten years ago. Today we are proud that we have the next stage, holistic breast care backed by the latest in technology at the Nawaloka Breast Care Center. The Nawaloka Breast Care Center features an entire team, from surgeons to counselors to specially trained nursing staff, to support, guide and treat any woman. The Nawaloka Breast Care Center is equipped with the latest technology to help diagnose faster and more accurately than ever before. We at Nawaloka are proud to offer all women the next stage of care at the Nawaloka Breast Care Centre.
Hologic Dimension 8000
World’s best 3D HOLOGIC Digital Mammogram Available at the Nawaloka Breast Care Center.
- 3D Mammography will detect more cancers of the breast which can be missed by 2D mammography alone.
- Rapid scans, taking few seconds with minimal radiation.
- Least comfort and pain.
- Stereotactic tru-cut biopsy.
- Vacuum assisted excision biopsy.