Mother and Baby Care Unit
Throughout the pregnancy and after childbirth, individual care and attention is given to both mother and the baby by our specialized nursing staff. Nawaloka Hospital offers leading edge pre and postnatal care, both via technology and in person.
Nawaloka hospital, Sri Lanka's first and only private healthcare service provider to have earned 'baby friendly' status from the World Health Organization
A few guidelines for expectant mothers
- Proper nutrition plays a vital role during pregnancy. It is very important to have wholesome,healthy food which contains all the necessary nutritional requirements. (eg. fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, yoghurt, other milk foods and cereals).
- Take essential vitamins (Folic acid) minerals (iron and Calcium tablets) vaccination (against tetanus), and worm treatment according to your doctors instructions.
- Attending the pre-natal clinic is a must.
- Try to relax and take things easy. Stress could affect the pregnancy and the baby.
- Drink a lot of water, at least ten glasses a day. It is beneficial to take fruit drinks too.
- Walking is a very good exercise during pregnancy. Seek medical advice before engaging in other forms of exercise.
- Breast feed the baby at least during the first six months.
- Alcohol and tobacco are both very harmful for the baby, even indirect exposure to tobacco smoke should be avoided.
- Avoid the use or exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Watch your weight (not to be overweight or under weight).
Painless Child Birth
Birth of a child is a highly significant event in a family. As all of us are aware, natural child birth is a strenuous event. With advanced technology, Nawaloka Hospital now offers painless child birth. In most western countries this is a popular method of painless delivery referred to as epidural labour Analgesia.Whole procedure is conducted by a friendly qualified consultant anesthetist. After injecting pain reducing medicine you can have a pain free child birth and enjoy the newborn.
- Private Labor Room suites (with A/C and private music facility)
- Luxury / Deluxe and standard room facilities
- State of the art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Well trained Nursing Staff
- Special Immunization package prices
These packages cannot be combined or redeemed with other promotion schemes. Management reserves all rights to terminate the packages without prior notice.