Palliative Care Unit
What is Palliative Care?
- The care of patients with terminal illness where relief of symptoms is the priority.(e.g. Cancer, Kidney Failure, Heart Failure,Motor Neurone Failure,Liver Failure)
- Palliative care involves a team of doctors nurses and other healthcare professionals who will work together to look after the patient.
- Palliative care involves physical,psychological, psychosocial and spiritual care.
Which patients would benefit from Palliative Care?
- Patients with terminal illnesses such as advanced cancers and organ failure usually where a cure is not possible
- Patients with severe pain
- Patients at the end stage of their lives
- Patients with the above illnesses whose families have difficulty caring for them at home
What services are offered by the Nawaloka Palliative Care Unit?
- In-patient palliative care service
- Nurses and doctors trained in palliative care
- State of the art equipment,medication and treatment protocols